Friday, April 20, 2012

Love... Or was it?

I don't know if I loved you

If the 3 am calls were love or fun
Or just a rebellion against early sleeping
If the flowers were love or expectations fulfilled
Or just proving our superiority over nature
If the kisses were love or a mere satisfaction of lust
Or just something couples do under trees, in parks...

Were the dreams we shared love?
Or just a way to kill those lonely hours?
Were the secrets we shared love?
Or just a way to unburden our souls?
Were the endless 'Love You's love?
Or just a solace for our insane hearts?

For isn't love supposed to be forever?
Through the ages, lives and the seven seas?
Through the joy and pain
Through the thick and thin and even fat?
Love doesn't disappear, does it?
It still resides in a hollow heart...

But I don't love you anymore
Your name doesn't bring a smile to my face
Nor do your memories make me wistful
I do not feel a searing pain
Nor do I wish to run back to you
Ask you to hold me forever again

A habit you were
An addiction stronger than any drug
A part of life I was used to
A limb, just there, joined to me
You conquered my brain, not soul
A forgotten habit you now remain...

If you love someone, set them free
If they return, they're yours
If they don't, they never were
I thought I loved you
And so I set myself free
Never to return...

No comments:

Post a Comment